Thursday, September 11, 2008

Olive Cheese Bread

I found this recipe on my favorite website (www.pioneerwoman.com) and had to share it. This is the first time I'd made it and it certainly won't be the last!

French Bread
6 0z. can Black Olives
1 stick softened Butter
1/2 cup Mayo
3/4 lb. Monterey Jack Cheese

(The real recipe also calls for a 6 oz. can of green olives and some green onions so feel free to add those in if you're more adventurous than I am. We don't care for green olives and I didn't have any green onions on hand.)

Mix the olives, mayo, butter and cheese together. I used an 8 oz. can of olives but with all of the little people fingers snatching them off of the cutting board, we were probably at 6 oz. or less. I also used less cheese.





Once it's mixed, spread it evenly onto the bread.




This was my view of it baking...




Here is the final result. The outside of the bread has a soft crisp to it and the inside is still soft and chewy. Just cut it into thin slices. It would go great with spaghetti, salad, or even as an appetizer. YUMM!!!

0 comments: