Thursday, August 21, 2008

RATTLE SNAKE!

I went outside last night to let the dog in so we could get going to the youth group. I walked outside, unhooked the dog from his chain, turned around, and there he was... a great big rattle snake!! Bryan was just getting out of the shower so I yelled for him to get his pants on, grab a shovel and get outside!! I was SO lucky that he didn't bite me, he was no more than two feet away from me while I was unhooking the dog before I saw him. We've always known that they are around here, they're everywhere, but this was the first one we had seen on our property since we moved in two years ago. Very scary! He was a toughy... it took Bryan quite a few hits before he killed him but it had to be done! There's no way we were going to let him hang out. :) We have his rattle in a cup and Maddie cannot wait to take it into school for show-and-tell next week! HA!!




0 comments: