We truly have some of the most amazing friends anyone could ever ask for!! We have only known them for about a year and a half (some for two years) but they are our family here!
On Saturday we went to a bbq for a couple in our church who have been through so much in the last 8 months. Wendi had been diagnosed with cancer and has been going through chemo ever since. Her husband Mark has taken care of their two boys on his own while Wendi was really sick. Now, she is done with the chemo and hopefully on her way to recovering! It was great to celebrate them with our friends.
After the bbq we went to Al's house and watched the UFC fight on PPV. Wow, I've never seen a UFC fight before... or that much blood. :) Those guys are NUTS. After watching the fights, I made Jayce promise me that he'd never be a UFC fighter. He told me that he would rather be a race car driver instead but after seeing that Nascar crash on Sunday, I don't think we want to go that route either. Poor kid.
On Sunday we went to church as usual and then came home to relax. Our relaxing time turned into a major storm and a flooded basement. Every bit of rain that had fallen into two of our window wells came pooring into the basement. We were extremely lucky that it didn't damage very many things. I'm wondering if water had come in while we were on vacation in June because all of Bryan's Army gear was wet and moldy. YUCK!! After we got that mess cleaned up as well as we could we went to Richard and Trish's house for dinner. (Tia and Shawn came over too!) We had yummy spaghetti, salad, garlic bread and Bryan's Birthday cake for dinner. (We had to celebrate early.) Everyone was STUFFED after dinner and while the kids played we watched a movie. It was a good night.
Bryan had his last VA appointment today so we need lot's of prayers that they give him a great rating!! (The higher the rating = more money from the VA every month.)
We only have one more week before Maddie starts school on the 18th. My BABY is starting pre-school and I am so sad. (She misses the cut off date here by two months so she'll be one of the older ones starting Kindergarten next year, which I think is great.) She is beyond excited and I know that she will have a great time but she can't possibly be old enough for this yet. I can't believe I'm one of those school Mom's already!!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Friends
Posted by Ashley at 1:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment